Tuesday, January 20, 2015

How to Shop: Thrift Stores


I seriously LOVE to go thrifting! To me, it's like a treasure hunt. However, I know thrift stores can also be rather overwhelming. If you can muster up some patience, you can find some great things! Some of my favorite pieces of clothing were found there. Here are some tips to help make the most of your trip to the thrift store.....


1. Have a set list of items you're looking for and STICK TO IT

2. Allow yourself time to comb through the racks

3. Keep an eye out for original tags/nice fabric/material (I find that nicer things tend to pop out amongst the worn down pieces)

4. Don't allow yourself to buy something just because of the label (if it doesn't fit well or just doesn't flatter you, don't get it)

5. Look for pieces that could be altered (the price is already a steal!)

6. Don't get discouraged if you can't find anything or walk out empty handed. In my experience, I strike out more than anything, but the few times I do find something, I REALLY hit the jackpot! 

7. Visit the stores often. They are constantly getting items and putting them out on the floor.


Shopping a thrift store is not meant to be a quick "in and out" trip. As long as you've prepared yourself to spend some time, you'll have fun! Now put these tips to use and see how it works for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment